Sunday, September 23, 2012

Hard Work, Work

"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work."

- Colin Powell


It sure has been a while! Things got a little crazy around here, but hey, that's life. 

I decided to take a 15 week, advanced novel writing course to help me with my book. I write 10,000 words every 10 days, and it gets reviewed by Terri Valentine - a published author and screenwriter. It is an amazing opportunity, and I am so thankful I was able to participate in this course. 

In the wee hours of the morning today, I turned in my first 10,000 and I am excited to get started on the next 10. 

Also, I am anxiously awaiting the results of the Writer's Digest Annual competition, for which I submitted two short stories. 

There is also a Sci-Fi/Fantasy contest that I am debating entering. I was thinking of doing a supernatural spin-off on my surrogacy experiences. It should be interesting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment