Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's a Sexy and Smooth kind of Day

 "His expression danced with laughter at Davis' mood - until our gazes met. Changing just as quickly as the weather in Florida, the amusement was darkening with desire and wicked thoughts slid behind his stormy grey eyes."

- Nyx, and her new partner.

Finally! I'm almost done introducing the focal character, and I think things will move a little more smoothly once I get their initial meeting over with. I just want it to be as close to perfect as possible, you know? He is right behind Nyx in his importance, and if I don't do it just right I feel like everything beyond that point will be a flop.

Now that I've gotten a few pages in, reworking everything is coming to me a little quicker. It's not full speed ahead, rarin' to go; but definitely much improved.

So how does Nyx feel about her new partner? Curious, anxious, but not displeased. Seems she's not the only one with an oddity or two where her powers are concerned, though. But all in good time.

I've had an idea brewing in my mind about potentially reviewing some of my favorite authors, and subsequently some of their books and what I enjoyed about them. Right now I'm trying to brainstorm a witty name for it, which is never as easy as it should be.


-Alexiuss

What song would I use to describe Nyx's new partner right now? Well, I'd have to say he has two:

Internally I'd say "Bullet in my Hand" - Redlight King


Externally he's closer to "La Isla Bonita", smooth and sexy. This song just makes me want to get up and move my hips, which is exactly what he inspires in women ;). And yes I am linking the Glee version because I like that they do it as a duet:



Well, that is all for tonight, I'm off to go write some more.

Tell me what's the word, the word count:



**Note** Keep in mind any of the quotes from my writing I put up are subject to change during my countless editing sessions. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment